Wednesday 9 March 2016

Hello, March

Despite being officially autumn now in Australia, it still feels like summer with our scorching heat and lack of 'almost winter' vibes. As much as I like to swim and spend time cooling off in the water, I am ready for the colder months! Winter is honestly my favourite time of year because you can get warm easily (unlike in summer, where cooling down is difficult), you can wear jeans 24/7, make hot chocolate and not feel like your insides are dying, and fall asleep to the sound of the serene winter rain. And skiing! How I love being on the glistening white snow, feeling so peaceful and at ease. Just writing this makes me crave winter even more. There is also nothing better than spending a night at home, curled up with a good book and some hot food (preferably Mum's pasta bake). Winter is the ultimate comfort time for me, some regard it as depressing months due to the lack of sunshine and warmth, but hey- each to their own.

{Skiing at Blue Cow, Perisher last year}

It's been a while since I last posted (one month and two days to be precise) and I feel like I haven't been up to much other than studying for exams and occasionally hanging out with friends. February was a busy month! But most importantly, it was a month of self-growth. The amount of positivity I gained was indescribable. This sounds incredibly cliched, however, I do feel like my old self again. After months of feeling down and lousy, I've started to pick myself back up. The most important lesson I have learnt is to be loyal to yourself because the most important thing in your life is you. Friends and family are also so important, and as busy as life may seem we still need to spend time with the ones who love us most. Unfortunately, we aren't always rays of sunshine, but for the most part, we can try to be. Having a positive attitude and mindset is everything, so make things count.



{Flowers from my friend Nadine}

On the weekend, I went snorkelling for the first time at my local marine reserve and I had an absolutely amazing day. It's like a hidden gem of paradise, only 10 minutes out of town. The weather was perfect and I was so excited. After buying my $10 snorkelling mask from Kmart, I was ready to get under the sea and explore. After parking the car on the dirt track, we took the long way around- climbing down a hill of rocks but we eventually made it to the bottom of the bay. There weren't an abundance of fish but there were still some; and it was so incredible to be a part of their world (yes- The Little Mermaid is my life). I had been swimming with dolphins before at Sea World in QLD, yet this was entirely different. The clear blue water was beautiful, and it felt so relaxing and enjoyable to swim in the ocean. In all honesty, despite living on the coast my entire life, I couldn't tell you the last time I had gone swimming at the beach. It's like a crime, I know. Last Sunday was a new experience for me and it was one of the best things I have ever decided to do. Dealing with anxiety is a pain in the ass sometimes, but when you're able to let go of all of that- life can be enjoyable.
Hopefully, I can go back sometime soon; next time I will be sure to take my GoPro along!


{Polaroids of the bay, bae and me}

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.