Tuesday 5 January 2016

5 things to do on a rainy day




I personally love rainy days, they're perfect for staying at home and relaxing unless I have school or work, so in that case I dislike rainy days because it means I have to go outside in the wet, and who likes that? For the past few days the weather hasn't been too bright, and the rest of the week doesn't look any better- even though it is supposed to be an Australian summer right now.
So with the dismal weather, I thought I'd share 10 things I enjoy doing on a rainy day.

1. Read a book

I love curling up in bed, being cosy and warm and reading a good book. I'm currently reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood which is a dystopian novel published in 1985 about the oppression of women in the fictional Republic of Gilead, narrated by a woman named Offred. As the Republic have a declining number of births, the Handmaid's are hired to give birth to children for wealthy families. The Handmaid's Tale is a feminist novel that shows the reader the life Offred lives in the Republic. 

2. Make a cup of tea or hot chocolate

Nothing says warm and toasty like a hot beverage! A cup of your favourite tea or hot chocolate will easily warm your chills on a cold, rainy day. I love English Breakfast with lemon and honey and peppermint tea for something a bit lighter on the stomach.You can never go wrong with hot chocolate, especially when marshmallows and whipped cream are involved!

3. Have a movie marathon

Get your favourite DVDs out (or Netflix), pop some popcorn and get comfy on the lounge as you re-watch your favourite films. If your friends can brave the rain and get outside of their own house, then having a sleepover or movie day would be a fun way to rid your boredom.

4. Take a bath

I find baths so relaxing and I really enjoy just taking time for myself. I use Lush products in my bath and I would highly recommend them to everyone, so to jazz up your bubble bath try one of their amazing bath bombs! 

5. Sleep

Seems like an obvious one, but why not spend the day in bed sleeping. Who knows- maybe you'll wake up the next day to gorgeous, sunny weather!

What do you like to do on rainy days? Let me know in the comments below!


Image credit: Tumblr

4 comments:

  1. Rainy days where you can stay at home are the best! Unfortunately I live in WA so I have many days where it's rainy and I still have to go to work :/


    www.kelseymarie.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's unfortunate! I actually love coming home from a rainy day at work though and just relaxing during the evening, sometimes having an entire lazy day at home with the rainy weather is too much for me.

      Delete
  2. You're so right about hot chocolate or tea. Nothing beats it on a cold, rainy day. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make rainy days so much better! There is nothing nicer than having hot chocolate or tea when it's chilly :)

      Delete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.